EX-TESTEMUNHAS DE JEOVÁ
Seja muito Bem-vindo!

Regista-te aqui e descobre a verdade sobre a "verdade"

Lê as regras e respeita-as

Alguma duvida a Adm/Mod está pronta a ajudar.

"Quando aceitamos tudo o que a Organização diz sem verificar, mostramos confiança na Organização. Mas, se mantivermos um espírito atento e examinarmos 'quanto a se estas coisas são realmente assim' (Atos 17:11), então, mostramos zelo para com Jeová. Para quem você mostra zelo?"

(UPDATE) 27 milhões de dólares de indemnização a favor de vítima de pedofília (EUA)

Página 6 de 6 Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Ir em baixo

Re: (UPDATE) 27 milhões de dólares de indemnização a favor de vítima de pedofília (EUA)

Mensagem por liberto em Qua Jun 27 2012, 05:46

Realmente metem nojo!!! Desonestas!!

liberto
Membros
Membros

Ver perfil do usuário

Re: (UPDATE) 27 milhões de dólares de indemnização a favor de vítima de pedofília (EUA)

Mensagem por ellipsis em Sex Jun 29 2012, 22:16

Como o Tópico estava a ser desviado do foco, com um assunto que nada tinha a ver, por isso foi dividido. Foi aberto outro Tópico para continuarem a conversa sem estragar este tópico.

Vamos trabalhar juntos para manter neste fórum um ambiente limpo e amigável. Boas postagens!

Admn sugere:

Respeite as regras do fórum e seja um bom membro.
Antes de criar um novo tópico faça uma pesquisa rápida.Podes começar por AQUI
Se perdeu a senha do fórum, contate um administrador por MP.

ellipsis
Admin
Admin

Ver perfil do usuário http://escravodaverdade.blogspot.com

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Ter Jul 03 2012, 23:55

Carta de uma ex-TJ para os jornais da sua região (em inglês). Está excelente!

THE TRUTH BE TOLD

This is not a letter debating doctrinal issues. It is a letter to expose the truth for the matter of public awareness. As a former peace officer, I was sworn to protect and serve. As an investigator, I dealt in uncovering the truth. That is what this letter is about.

Many of Jehovah's Witnesses are decent, God-fearing people with a love for their neighbors and children. I am honored to call many my friend. But the policies enacted in their organization's elder manual, "Shepherding the flock of God" protected the abuser rather than the victim. If you were one of Jehovah's Witnesses with children, what would you have done?

One brave woman has come forward to encourage other victims of sexual abuse. A California jury awarded $28 million in damages to Candace Conti who said the Jehovah's Witnesses allowed a member of the Fremont Kingdom Hall to molest her as a child in the mid-1990s. Some of the abuse occured while he took her door to door ministry. The elders were supposedly aware of his past offense against a child but failed to tell anyone and also allowed him to take her door to door. I must add here that she claims she had tried for two years to get these policies changed but could not. So she took them to court. She asked for a penny per 144,000 who make up their "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and are the ones who are said to guide the organization. The same 144,000 who in an Australia court in 2011, the legal rep for the WBTS, the Governing Body and the Faithful and Discreet Slave (F&DS),Vincent Toole Solicitors told the court, the F&DS should be struck off the charge list because they simply "do not exist as a person", nor do they exist as an "unincorporated body" and nor do they exist as a "body" of Christians. They were said to be only a "theological arrangement."

Conti, now 26, was repeatedly molested by a fellow congregant, Jonathan Kendrick, now a registered sex offender in California and was serving as ordained minister within the Jehovah's Witnesses church. On the Jehovah's Witnesses Official Media Web Site, under the heading "Protecting the Children," I found this statement. "When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet seperately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each others presence, with elders also there. If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time." The WBTS bases this "two witnesses" policy on Deut. 19:15 and Matthew 18:15-17. The 2010 Elder's Manual "Sheperding the Flock of God" says this about handling child abuse accusations, "If the accuser or the accused is unwilling to meet with the elders or if the accused continues to deny the accusation of a single witness and the wrongdoing is not established, the elders will leave the matters in Jehovahs hands."

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society were not sued because one man committed child sexual abuse, for abuse can happen in any organization. The Candace Conti case is landmark because the legal authorities have taken notice of the Watchtower's secrecy policy. Daycare providers and school teachers are required by law to report abuse, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, however, felt that law did not apply to them and therefore have silenced the victims of abuse for years. In the past, going as far as disfellowshipping those who tried to get help, further aggravating their pain by cutting them off from the congregation and family while at the same time instilling in them a fear of getting help from therapists, clergy, and former members of their religion. This was well documented by the organization called "Silent Lambs" formed to get these unheard victims a voice and justice. While there are sincere, God-fearing, respectable people within that organization who would never dream of abusing children, it had become a refuge for those protected by the Watchtower's secrecy policies. I am grateful that this case exposed a wrong policy within an organization that recruits converts in our community.

Many former members of the Watchtower religion live in a state of condemnation because they have disassociated themselves from the religion while protecting what they were told was "the truth." I am writing this letter to expose this supposed "truth" to the public, so they can make an educated decision on what stranger they allow into their homes simply because they claim to be spreading God's Word. I would also be failing my duty to expose the truth if I did not add this thought to the matter at hand. This is a scenario for JWs to ponder on. If a person is raped and murdered and there is nobody present to see or hear the crime take place, is there a witness to testify? The answer is, in most cases, YES. When something like this happens, the body can act as it's own witness. By the gathering of physical/forensic evidence, the body can testify in its own behalf. Many are spending a lifetime in prison solely on the facts gathered through this evidence. It is the same with these child abuse crimes. If the authorities are contacted "first," evidence can be gathered. This IS your childs second witness. But if you deny them access to the authorities who are trained in developing this "second witness", that witness will be silenced forever. Why would anyone deny a child their right to have their very own "second witness" speak in their behalf? I implore you all to think about this matter and demand a change in these policies.

In closing, I would like to add the fact that this case hits close to home for me. Candace Contis mother lived in Libby Montana at one time. So they are part of our community. Information on this and other cases can be found online. There are also youtube videos from Dateline NBC and CNN from the exposes done on the subject of the WBTS policies back in 2002. Why hasn't anything changed?

https://www.facebook.com/sami.kleppe

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Dom Jul 08 2012, 23:40

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por MariaL em Seg Jul 09 2012, 12:14

@TJ Curioso escreveu:
Carta de uma ex-TJ para os jornais da sua região (em inglês). Está excelente!

On the Jehovah's Witnesses Official Media Web Site, under the heading "Protecting the Children," I found this statement. "When any one of Jehovah's Witnesses is accused of an act of child abuse, the local congregation elders are expected to investigate. Two elders meet seperately with the accused and the accuser to see what each says on the matter. If the accused denies the charge, the two elders may arrange for him and the victim to restate their position in each others presence, with elders also there. If during that meeting the accused still denies the charges and there are no others who can substantiate them, the elders cannot take action within the congregation at that time." The WBTS bases this "two witnesses" policy on Deut. 19:15 and Matthew 18:15-17. The 2010 Elder's Manual "Sheperding the Flock of God" says this about handling child abuse accusations, "If the accuser or the accused is unwilling to meet with the elders or if the accused continues to deny the accusation of a single witness and the wrongdoing is not established, the elders will leave the matters in Jehovahs hands."

Este é um exerto da carta que está realmente muito bem escrita por alguém que fala objectivamente com conhecimento de causa. Salienta aquilo que é importante neste assunto, que tem tanto de sério como de vergonhoso. O que está em causa não é um ataque às TJ nem à sua fé, mas a defesa de crianças em perigo.

Destaco da carta, a parte em que diz, citando o site oficial da Torre (http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article23.htm) que os anciãos chegam a promover encontros entre a criança e o pedófilo!
O que é que esta gente tem na cabeça? O que é que tomam os anciãos, naquelas escolas onde lhes ensinam estas coisas? Não há limites para a falta de bom senso?
MariaL
Sócio APVIPRE
Sócio APVIPRE

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Seg Jul 23 2012, 11:39

Para quem pensa que o caso recentemente decidido em tribunal contra a Watchtower é um caso isolado, leiam esta informação.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/229601/1/WT-recently-settled-out-of-court-with-5-victims-of-JW-serial-molester-Court-documents-now-available-to-post-on-any-website

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Seg Jul 23 2012, 11:44

Quem desejar fazer download da transcrição do julgamento de Candace Conti, pode fazê-lo aqui:

rapidshare.com Transcript_Candace_Conti_vs_Watchtower_jury_trial.zip

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por so em Seg Jul 23 2012, 12:08

@TJ Curioso escreveu:Quem desejar fazer download da transcrição do julgamento de Candace Conti, pode fazê-lo aqui:

rapidshare.com Transcript_Candace_Conti_vs_Watchtower_jury_trial.zip

Isto mostra mais uma vez a hipocrisia da ORG
so
Sócio APVIPRE
Sócio APVIPRE

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Seg Jul 23 2012, 22:45

Vejam a alegação do advogado da Watchtower, após ter perdido a acção em tribunal, tentando convencer o júri a não impôr "punitive damages" (ressarciamento de danos) à Watchtower, o que acabou por acontecer.

JANE DOE V. WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC.

JURY TRIAL - JUNE 14, 2012 - DAY 10

CLOSING ARGUMENT BY MR. SCHNACK for WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF NEW YORK, INC.

MR. SCHNACK: Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the judge has instructed you that it is your choice to award or not to award punitive damages. You have been read the instruction and you have seen it there.

Does Watchtower need to be punished? The policies of Watchtower continue to evolve. You heard Monica Applewhite testify that Watchtower has published articles and educational materials for parents, for its church members starting in the 1970s and into the '80s and it continues up to the present day.

Those materials were in the forefront of educational materials for parents and for members in this regard.

Plaintiff's counsel has made a lot of the July 1, 1989 letter. Indeed, that's what he referred here to today. However, you also heard Mr. Shuster testify that that was never the last word. It wasn't the be-all end-all on policies.

So let me just briefly go through a few of the other All Bodies of Elders Letters that were in evidence before you today.

Remember the March 23, 1992 letter? Several references there that the elders in the congregation should be conscious of victims of abuse, treat them with thoroughness and kindness, that you should be tenderly compassionate to them.

It also says in that same letter:

"If a current case of child abuse comes to light in the congregation, the elders should do what they can to protect the children from further abuse. These policies are evolving as we go forward."

In evidence was the August 1, 1995 letter. There it says:

"Steps should be taken to protect the child or other children from further sexual abuse once abuse became apparent."

The elders, too, wanted to act -- should act in a way that demonstrates their protective care since the word "overseer" as that's used within the church, carries the thought of one who watches over in guarding and shepherding the flock.

In that same letter, the August 1, 1995 letter that you had in evidence and that you had in the room with you, it also says on the first page that:

"It would be appropriate to talk very frankly with the abuser that he should never be in the presence of a child without another adult being present."

And just one last one here this morning. The March 14, 1997 All Bodies of Elders Letter that was before you. That addressed the issue of when a member moves from one congregation to another. And if that member is known to be a child molester, that letter directed the elders in the local congregations to:

"Outline his background, including any needs for cautions that should be provided to the body of elders."

That letter would be presented to the congregation to which that person would move. And so, again, that's taking steps to help prevent child abuse.

Mr. Shuster also testified, when he was up on the stand, that the church has a long history, since he has been an elder, since '79, that child abusers cannot be appointed to serve as elders, as ministerial servants or pioneers.

That was reiterated in the March 14, 1997 that I just referenced.

The policy of Watchtower has continued to emerge on a case-by-case basis in which the Service Department elders sent letters to the local congregations, to the local elders to strongly warn, if they have a known child abuser within their congregation, that he should not be alone with children, and how the elders can deal with that if the member that is an abuser violates those instructions.

Now, I have no doubt that your verdict yesterday has already sent a message to Watchtower, and we will soon see another All Bodies of Elders Letter addressing the very issues that were raised.

One thing I would ask you to keep in mind.

The Jehovah's Witnesses Church is not the Catholic Church, that it has had verdict after verdict after verdict over the years. It's been in the press. We are all aware of it. This is the first verdict that the Jehovah's Witnesses church has faced. So, again, it is not the Catholic Church with multitudes of cases over a couple of decades.

We have been on the telephone, both last night and early this morning, speaking with the managing directors of Watchtower and the elders in the -

MR. SIMONS: I'm going to object, your Honor. It is not evidence.

THE COURT: Well, it is argument. But, counsel, why don't you go forward for a minute to make sure it is legit.

MR. SCHNACK: Your Honor, I didn't interrupt his argument.

THE COURT: Understood.

MR. SCHNACK: As I mentioned, we were on the phone to managing directors of Watchtower and to the elders in the Service Department. And I can tell you they are stunned by the verdict. Again, I mentioned, it is the first one. And it's, indeed, the first one we are all aware of that has ever found liability on a congregation in a church based on a congregation member causing harm to the child of another member.

However, I sincerely believe, and I put this to you, that Watchtower does not need to be punished by another monetary award.

Why is that?

Ms. Conti said she wanted to change policies. That's why she brought this suit. And we feel bad for Ms. Conti. But I can assure you, and I can assure her, that Watchtower's policies continue to evolve. And I can safely say that, with her verdict yesterday, Ms. Conti has succeeded. I encourage you to award no punitive damages in this case.

Again, I thank you for your service, for your time and your attention.

Thank you, your Honor.

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por Independe em Qui Ago 09 2012, 03:45

A pedófilia existem e todas as sociendates é um defeito do ser humano e nenhuma sociedade está livre que haja alguem a pratica-la .Seja como for acho os 27 milhões de dollares um numero exurbitante e estupidamente alto e fiquei na duvida se é para ser dada á vitima e transforma-la num milionário.
Independe

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Qui Ago 09 2012, 11:39

Podem fazer download do documento dos advogados da vítima, que contradiz o pedido de revisão da sentença.

Vale a pena ler.

mediafire.com ?di4bry8su9tn1ft

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por Ancião Brasileiro em Qua Fev 27 2013, 23:40

Gostaria de saber o numero do processo?
Ancião Brasileiro

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Qua Fev 27 2013, 23:44

@Ancião Brasileiro escreveu:Gostaria de saber o numero do processo?

Não percebi. Deseja saber o número ou está a perguntar se alguém deseja o número?

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por Ancião Brasileiro em Qua Fev 27 2013, 23:50

Quero saber o numero do processo no tribunal americano para que se possa fazer a consulta.
Ancião Brasileiro

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por pascoalnaib em Qui Fev 28 2013, 21:56

@Ancião Brasileiro escreveu:Quero saber o numero do processo no tribunal americano para que se possa fazer a consulta.
Duvidando ou é para divulgar nas congregações? Rolling Eyes
pascoalnaib

Ver perfil do usuário http://extestemunhasdejeova.blogspot.com/

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Qua Jun 12 2013, 22:48

Mais um documento oficial onde está a resposta do advogado de Candace Conti aos argumentos da defesa da Watchtower em relação à apelação.

http://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/june-3-2013-conti-v-watchtower-opening-brief-for-respondent-prepared-by-richard-simons-a136641.pdf 

Todos os documentos relativos a este processo pode ser obtidos AQUI.

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Sab Set 07 2013, 22:43

Leiam aqui os últimos desenvolvimentos relativos a este caso. Acreditem que vale a pena ler este artigo do Cedars!

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/watchtower-files-reply-brief-as-conti-appeal-continues

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por jamir em Sab Set 07 2013, 23:06

@TJ Curioso escreveu:Leiam aqui os últimos desenvolvimentos relativos a este caso. Acreditem que vale a pena ler este artigo do Cedars!

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/watchtower-files-reply-brief-as-conti-appeal-continues
Obrigado pelo update.
Esse cedars é uma dor de cabeça para a torre... ainda bem! Cool 
jamir

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Qui Maio 15 2014, 08:20

Este caso ainda está a decorrer... Wink

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por antonio1965 em Sex Maio 23 2014, 22:30

@TJ Curioso escreveu:Este caso ainda está a decorrer...  Wink

E está muito bem documentado para quem o quiser acompanhar.

antonio1965
Membros
Membros

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por Índigo em Sab Maio 24 2014, 03:31

Ainda?

Posso saber porquê?

Vamos trabalhar juntos para manter neste fórum um ambiente limpo e amigável. Bons comentários!
Índigo
Colaborador
Colaborador

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Sab Maio 24 2014, 06:38

@Índigo escreveu:Ainda?

Posso saber porquê?

São processos complicados e existem recursos. Para uma Organização que tem tanto dinheiro não custa pagar a advogados para fazerem tudo por tudo para tentarem escapar à sentença.

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por TJ Curioso em Sex Dez 12 2014, 08:03

Houve uma requisição para que o argumento oral sobre o caso Conti fosse transmitido e gravado pelos media. Será mais uma exposição pública em relação a este caso. Ver a última linha no fundo da tabela.

http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search/case/dockets.cfm?dist=1&doc_id=2025979&doc_no=A136641

TJ Curioso
Forista desativado

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por River raid em Sex Dez 12 2014, 13:58

@TJ Curioso escreveu:
@Índigo escreveu:Ainda?

Posso saber porquê?

São processos complicados e existem recursos. Para uma Organização que tem tanto dinheiro não custa pagar a advogados para fazerem tudo por tudo para tentarem escapar à sentença.

É uma pouca vergonha.

Imagine-se a "viuva pobre" colocando suas moedas na caixinha para pagar a essas empresas de advogados contratadas pela Torre de Vigia...

Quase que soa a blasfémia.

River raid
Membros
Membros

Ver perfil do usuário

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Página 6 de 6 Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Ver o tópico anterior Ver o tópico seguinte Voltar ao Topo

Permissão deste fórum: